Already in 1932, the western part of the Karl-Friedrich bank between Moltke bridge and Hugo Preuss Bridge was renamed Washington Square. In May 2005, it was declared the southern front of the main station and crosses exactly the line of sight between the station and the Federal Chancellery. Because of its prestigious appearance, many tourists still
believe it is the main exit of the station – whereas it is exactly at the opposite site.
28 light points type KONUS 740 in LED version have been fitted on the square. Due to its elegant design, the luminaire is ideal for architectural quality environments with their own aesthetic design standards.